Presentation of the North Denmark Region’s new hospital project.
In the longer term, the North Denmark Region wishes to combine all hospital functions in Aalborg at one site. Aalborg University Hospital will supply basic treatment in the local area as well as highly specialized treatment of all citizens in the Region.
The project is part of the Danish government's quality reform in the health care system, and a total of DKK 4.1 billion has been allocated for the project.
The region held a design competition in 2011 through 2012 to show the possibilities of building a new hospital complex in an area in Aalborg East and a general structural plan for the area. The winning project was chosen in June 2012. Consortium Indigo won the competition. You can see the winning project under Vinderprojekt.
- Århus Arkitekterne A/S, Århus Creo
- Arkitekter A/S, Odense
- Schmidt Hammer Lassen Architects K/S, Århus
- NNE Pharmaplan A/S, Søborg
- Royal Haskoning, Holland
- Oluf Jørgensen A/S, Horsens
- Brix & Kamp A/S, Aalborg
- Norconsult A/S, Ballerup
- Implement Consulting Group A/S, Hørsholm
- Arkitekterne Bjørk & Maigaard ApS, Aalborg
- Kirstine Jensens Tegnestue, Århus
The vision for Aalborg University Hospital
Aalborg University hospital;
- Provides patient care of the highest quality
- Integrates clinics, research, development, education and innovation
- Is an attractive workplace
- Is a high-profile partner
- Has a top economy
You can read more at the following pages; Background, Construction, Design competition and The project organisation.
Related links and files